Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chuck Season 3, Episode 5 "Chuck Versus First Class"

Well, since I am sure you all ready read my "Chuck Season 3 Primer" and saw me get all wordy about this show, I am going to assume you've watched this awesome episode and you just want me to list all the great things that happened in it with hilarious commentary and then list some stuff I would have like to see changed with even MORE hilarious comments. So that's what I'ma gonna do.

Things that were as awesome as Captain Awesome include:

-Casey being worried about Chuck! Come on that shit was adorable. This was a great Casey episode all around I think.

-Shaw questioning Sarah about where she was on those lost days after her meeting in Prague with Chuck. Shows us that her plan never would have worked, so maybe she can work on forgiving Chuck for not going with her!

-Casey, again! Loves: rules. Hates: insurgents.

-Chuck being totally grossed out to have to touch a dead guy. Super spy or not, he's still our Chuck.

-His line to the Ring operative (um, Stone Cold Steve Austin.) "I sincerely hope that's, not your father."

-Being on the fence about Shaw...I mean is he right about Sarah and Casey babying Chuck and not allowing him to be a real spy? We KNOW he's not right about spy love though...I want those spies to be together and in love dammit!!! (Don't fall in love at the CIA. It is like the Jersey Shore that way.)

-Um, Lieutenant Assistant Manager Casey. There are no words. (My Bodyguard!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081207/)

-"Unfortunately I did not get to use my nunchucks." That is always a bummer.

-Adam Baldwin said "Bored now." like Vampire Willow! More Whedon alums on this show now! Please! I mean, what is Sean Maher doing these days anyway? He could totally come back and play a "back from the dead" Bryce, because he and Matthew Bomer look exactly alike anyway.

-Chuck telling Hannah about The Buy More and her asking "Is this real? Is it an insane asylum?" These are the very same questions people ask me when I tell them about working at the library.


Questions, Comments, Things that bugged me:

-Don't just instantly bond with every hot girl who happens to be in IT, from Burbank and looking for a job Chuck! You're in love with SARAH, remember?!!

-And he just looked SO happy to see her when she came into The Buy More. GAH!

-Why is The Ring still using CD-ROMS to store information? And after having such weird/cool phones in the last episode!

-Is Bryce for real dead? That makes me sad.

-Chuck missed Paris. That was sad. Is this setting us up for more job related angst? Because I kind of like Chuck being excited about his job for once!

-Team review. Stop reviewing the damn team CIA/NSA/whoever. They are not breaking up.

-I didn't even notice that the flight attendant/Ring operative was Josie Davis, the gawky daughter on Charles in Charge! Shame on me.

-Chuck, don't drink so much on your first mission. That is dumb.

-Um, he didn't get to use his nunchucks!

All in all I think creator Chris Fedak did a great job showing us how Chuck can gain new spy skills while still being the same old relatable Chuck. A hardened spy would never be so excited about seeing Paris, or getting a first class ticket! He is still the same sweet Chuck we have learned to love, but sometimes, he can kick some ass.

Next week: Hannah's at The Buy More. Ugh. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a spy or something.

No comments: