Wednesday, May 12, 2010

90210, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

You know that I love 90210, but I gotta say, there were so many things to hate in this episode! It was killing me man!
90210-Silver.jpg (Silver sits alone, after deciding that a dude who tried to buy her off is probably right.)


With only one episode left until the season finale (thanks CW promo people), the writers of this show decided to do as much as possible to annoy the crap out me, including:

-The name of the episode. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't find the fact that Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) is dating some famous singer to be that important to episode, besides in the way that it thwarted my dreams of a Navid/Adrianna reunion. Other than that, who really cares about 'Javianna"?

-Not showing us any aftermath from the whole "Drunk Ryan Matthews" debacle (aka, the greatest thing that has ever happened on this show).

-Jen. (Sara Foster) Being there. (Do not even get me started on the whole pregnancy thing. My actual reaction was "JIGGA WHAT?!" There is documentation of this.)

-Silver (Jessica Stroup) listening to Teddy's (Trevor Donovan) jerkface of a dad (Ryan O'Neal) (who Teddy told her was a jerk like two scenes before) and breaking Teddy's heart because he lost his tennis match. (This is the kind of thing that happens when you demand to meet a dude's parents. Sometimes they're cagey about it for a reason ladies!) Also, the way she says 'match' really annoys me for some reason. So there's that.

-Dixon (Tristan Wilds) and Silver kissing. LET'S NOT GO THERE AGAIN PEOPLE. I did not like the face Dixon made when he and Ivy (Gillian Zinser) made up. Don't even think about it. Just go to Australia and have a good time. At least you get to be away from your awful parents!
90210-Ivy-Dixon.jpg (Is it so wrong that I just want these two to stay together?! And go to Australia?!)

-Jasper returned. Man that kid is a weirdo.

-The fact that even though Navid (Michael Steger) and Adrianna are basically in the same group of friends, neither of them ever talked to the SAME person about how they liked each other, so no one could just go "Oh, well he/she totally likes you too, you should just go and talk to her/him about it, like a normal person."

-Navid's crackpot plan. Plans like that should just be titled "I'm going provide the object of my affection with as little information as possible and then feel all heartbroken and crap when they don't get that I love them."
90210-Navid-Dixon.jpg (I know that Dixon WANTS to tell Navid his plan is dumb, but he just doesn't have the heart.
)

-Deb (Lori Loughlin) and Harry (Rob Estes) were at their crazy-awful worst tonight! Lying to each other, using their children to manipulate each other, gen I have to say you can tell which one of them is leaving the show, because Harry was at least 1000 notches more horrible than Debbie, and she was terrible.

There were things I actually liked though, so don't worry!

Aww the scene with Teddy and Silver right before they did it was totally cute, and I was really happy for a minute, even though what happened next was compltely obvious and cliche, I still love them.

I am actually really into the "Naomi (AnnaLynn McCord) is an awful girlfriend" storyline, for a couple of reason. One, it is totally consistent with her character that she would want to try to be there for Liam (Matt Lanter), but just be too into her own drama to really be able to be. Also, I think it makes sense that someone like Liam would think he would want to be with someone like Naomi, and then be pretty disillusioned by the reality.

I am also still kind of rooting for Annie (Shenae Grimes) and Liam. There I said it. Again, I feel like characterization is right here, and even though Shenae Grimes' totally grating portrayal of Annie makes it easy to forget, she is supposed to be a sweet, normal, sort of goofy girl, and I can see why Liam would be attracted to her, especially since she is so different from Naomi. (If only she hadn't killed someone! Dammit Annie!)

Stray questions:

Why is Naomi styled like a 40 year old? Her hair especially!

Why does Naomi still go to the beach club even though she knows Jen owns it?

Why does everyone drive cars from the seventies?

How sad was it when Liam realized that he got his maid fired for nothing? Stupid Finn Court! (Such a stereotypical Irish name for a stereotypical Irish loser. Ten to one he has a drinking problem too.)

Where is Ryan Matthews?!

Is there really only one jerk in all of West Beverly High? The same kid: took naked pictures of Annie and let them get all over school, blackmailed Dixon into helping break into the school to steal the SAT's, intimated that he will blackmail Harry over that same incident and made of Jasper for his suicide attempt. What kind of kid taunts someone for trying to kill themselves? The one jerk at West Beverly High.


Next week: Boats on fire! That teacher really is a sleaze!! Deb is yelling!! It's crazytown!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That whole Ivy/Dixon fight was totally predictable and stupid.

I would say "I can't believe I watch this show now," but that is just about the farthest thing from the truth.