Thursday, October 15, 2009

90210- Dumbness abounds.

Sorry for the late post and for missing last week's ep! Deathly illness + best friends' wedding = no blogging. Sorry 90210!

So, last week on 90210 we found out that Jackie Taylor (Kelly and Silver's mom) has cancer and is dying, and for some weird reason she decided that Adrianna was the best person to confide this to. I guess because they are both in AA? Good thing for her that summer school bond is strong, because she marches over and informs Silver.


Also last week: Sasha found out that stupid Dixon is a teenager and was at first appropriately pissed off and grossed out, and then decided that she wanted to sleep with him one.more.time. I guess we already know that Dixon knows his way around the bedroom, since Silver got his name tattooed on her after sleeping with him one time, but we are shown this fact again when Sasha cannot keep her adult hands off his teenage body. Eww.


This week we are plunged right into the action (or pointless non action) of the whirlwind romance of Annie and the nephew of the guy she thinks she killed, Jasper. This storyline made me ask many questions aloud in the air, such as:


Is Jasper supposed to be creepy? (On the no side, he's a film geek who saves girls from date rapists. On the yes side, he follows people on a date to secluded places, acts like the idea that might have a knife is crazy and then...has a knife.)


Why would Annie believe the word of a guy who took a naked picture of her that she didn't consent to and then showed it around the school?


Who would ever go on a date with a guy who has to say the sentence "I never meant to hurt you with that sext." to you?!!


Will date rapists ever learn a better line than "Don't be a tease"? Girls, if a guy says that to you, hit him in the balls and run. It's a very good chance that he's a date rapist.


Has Shanae Grimes stopped making so many weird faces, or do I just not notice it anymore?


Is Annie the dumbest person on this show? Because something about starting a romance with a maybe-creepy, definitely not well adjusted kid whose uncle you are pretty sure you killed doesn't scream MENSA to me.

Also dumb? Naomi. And Ryan Matthews, teacher of the year. How can these people not see that Jen is SO CLEARLY evil. She could not be more transparent. I mean she actually said to Naomi "This horse is going to make me, I mean, us a lot of money." Doesn't Naomi ever watch TV? Villains and other nefarious types say this kind of thing all the time on Law and Order, old movies and soap operas! Wake up idiots! I know one of you (Ryan) just wants to sleep with her and the other one of you (Naomi) just needs some family love, but this chick is evil. Just kill her or something because I hate her so so much.

The whole Jackie Taylor is dying and trying to be a good mom storyline was pretty good. I can't believe that Kelly is trying to bar Silver from seeing her dying mother. This does not seem to be a good parenting technique with an obviously rebellious teenager. I mean she's wearing one long earring and one little stud! She's edgy Kelly, don't try to keep her down! Prediction: This will go badly for all involved.


And now to the whole Navid/Adrianna breakup: UGH. I once loved them together. So much. And it killed me when Ade just dumped him out of the blue like that! (That'll teach Navid to drone on and on about architecture!) Also, I can't believe she told him she needed "time alone". Time alone = need to do Teddy. Nice, Adrianna, real nice. I find it kind of unrealistic that he wouldn't forgive her though. I mean this is the girl he has loved since fourth grade or something! She said she made a mistake man!! He'll come around.


Teddy is apparently a little bit more of a jerk than I thought! It's one thing to go after another guy's girlfriend because you have real feelings for her, it's another to do it because you want to "have fun" AND THEN tell the guy about it. These lapses could also be attributed to his trademark 'duh duh dumbness'. I am going to trademark that at some point.


Final thoughts:


Of course Dixon won't hug Navid in his time of need. That guy is such a jerk! I think I used to like him.


Eduardo compared Jen to a horse TWICE. Even for someone as horrible as her, that is offensive.
Great line from Naomi re: Jen- "You just threw yourself at some rich guy's feet like it was 1957."
Lovely scene of Ade trying to text Teddy. 'Hmm what flip message about the breakup of my long-term relationship should I send the guy I want to do? I wonder!" Real nice Adrianna.


Aaaand Sasha continues her creepy affair with a high schooler. Gross.


Harry and Kelly continue to want each other? Could this really be going where it seems to be going?


That brief scene between Ryan and Kelly makes me remember that they were pretty cute together. A curse upon Jen!


I pretty much love drunk Harry. Almost as good as stoned Harry! Stop acting like such a loser Ryan! Harry is about 10 times cooler than you!


Camryn Diaz looks decidedly unpretty in the trailer for that movie "The Box". There, I said it.


Definitely not enough Liam in this episode! His mom did make a cake though, and it was nice of him to offer.


Next week: Jerky Dixon does jerky things....and then my DVR cut off.

1 comment:

Raero said...

HOORAY!!! I'm so glad this episode got recapped.