Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Melrose Place "Windsor" Ok, did I miss what significance the title has?


Ok Melrose Place, somehow you got me a little bit on this, for reasons I can't fully explain. I mean we had Jo, being mean to Riley in the most transparent "I am unsatisfied with my life choices so I am going to berate you about yours" tantrum I have ever seen, Riley being a total baby about the whole thing, and Ella in some ridiculous hat for the entire episode, but somehow, I still found it a little bit compelling.

The whole Jo (Daphne Zuniga) thing was kind of silly, as any sane person (including Ella (Katie Cassidy)) was pretty much like, "This bitch has gone crazy." Then it all comes back to the fact that she thinks she is a sell-out, so it totally makes sense that she would decide that Riley is a sell-out for being a teacher. Cause that makes sense. On about 0 levels. How can you be "selling-out" by taking a job for no money? Or by trying modeling one time? Nothing she said about Riley made any sense whatsoever.

But of course, Riley (Jessica Lucas) dumbly took to heart, because she is dumb. So now she is all ready to dump her fiance because this insane photographer chick told her that after she left her fiance 100 years ago, "That's when my life really began.." Ok. Sure. Maybe that is true, but why are people giving and taking advice from people they just met and know nothing about?! This is a really dumb way to put doubt in Riley's mind about her and Jonah getting married.

The whole Auggie (Colin Egglesfield) coming between them makes a little more sense, and I liked Jonah (Michael Rady) connecting with the movie exec from Philly or whatever. The Jonah/Auggie confrontation was a little weird, as they acted and it was scored as if they were talking about finding out that someone had murdered someone else, not that someone had drunkenly kissed someone else. Also, I feel like a good friend would have texted Riley to give her the heads up on that little "She kissed me!" slip.

I don't really get how everyone relates to everyone else. Sometimes it seems like they are supposed to be friends (Lauren being INCREDIBLY, like to the degree of a stalker, worried about David's activities is an example), but other times I just don't see some of the characters being even friendly. Like Ella and Riley seem to actively dislike each other, Auggie and Jonah don't strike me as friends, and David doesn't seem to be friends with Jonah or Riley at all...I don't know, like are they all longtime friends, just neighbors, some are friends and other aren't? I don't know. MAKE IT CLEARER PLEASE.

I can't really believe Lauren (Stephanie Jacobsen) the hooker was so judgmental and crazy about David (Sean Sipos) stealing. You are a hooker! You can't take his money because it is stolen, but you have no problem whoring yourself out for it?!! 'Where does your moral compass point' indeed woman!

Violet (Ashlee Simpson-Wentz), stop being so clearly insane. People are starting to notice. Not Auggie though, so keep crushing on him like the weirdo that you are.

Ella, why did you wear that insanely ridiculous outfit to the photo shoot? Did you lose some kind of bet? Were you hoping that you would take Riley out with it or something?

Jonah, do you really think that some big time movie producer is just going to remake your movie as is? Are you that naive that you think that you won't have to compromise yourself even the teeniest bit to become a millionaire? Oh well a hot girl told you that you wouldn't have to, so I am sure you won't now. Have fun living in Pretend-land dude!

I love that we had another "I totally used to live here, how weird!" moment.

So as you can see I can't explain it all, but for once I had no problem paying attention to this show AND I was kind of interested to see what happened! Who knows why, tighter editing or something? I really don't know.

And now I have to wait until November 3rd for another episode. Unwise Melrose Place!

No comments: