Wednesday, October 21, 2009

90210-"Unmasked" This title has very little to do with the contents of the episode.

So two things made this episode of 90210 about 100 times more awesome than the last one.

1. No Jen
2. Yes Liam!

My love of Liam is no secret, and even though his story line was incredibly obvious and a little dumb, it still made me happy. Here are things I loved about it:

-Liam was onscreen a lot. Getting all angry-hot and stuff.

-He wasn't whining about Naomi, who let's be honest, is pretty annoying most of the time.

-Ivy seems cool, surfs and is a feminist, so now I can't wait for their inevitable (next week?!!) "OMG I thought of you as just a friend but now I see we are MEANT for each other.

-The non-Halloween costume jokes were a thing of beauty. My favorite had to be: "You're Pattinson, right? I can tell cause your hair is messy."

So Liam/Ivy gets my seal of approval. Though why he wouldn't take her money in the beginning after he hits her completely baffles me. She hit your car! Take her money man, don't just rage out like a psycho!

Speaking of psychos, it could not be clearer that Jasper is one. We had like two or three Annie/Jasper scenes, and when the second one came up I was like "Oh, I forgot about these two!" Annie is dumb, I can't wait for her to get arrested for stealing that Bentley. She actually fell for the line "You're my muse babe." Eww. I think the reason I stopped noticing her weird face-making is because I stopped paying attention to her stupid storyline.

Speaking of weird face making, Naomi is all over that this week! She looked like she actually was miming eating that Jamie guy in her first, and then kept getting all shaky faced whenever he around. Subtlety, they name is not AnnaLynn McCord. Glad she dumped that annoying environmentalist guy and is now trying to get over Liam with a guy whose thighs "countries would go to war over." He's no Liam though, come oI did like that Naomi and Adrianna were all worried about Silver taking care of her cancerous (in more ways than 1) mom, and the payoff of Naomi spilling to Teddy was good. Of course Teddy and Silver are totally going to fall in love now, bonding over cancer-mom. Adrianna is going to be SO PISSED.

I kind of love Teddy I think. He's so dumb, it cannot NOT be endearing.

And now onto my two least fave storylines:

1. Harry/Deb/Kelly

-Deb you are crazy.

-Harry you are dumb.

-Kelly you are transparent. (but your hair looked great in that first scene with Silver!)

Also, Harry and Deb you are the WORST "good parents" I have ever seen! Your daughter has had a total personality change, been the victim of a sext and stopped being friends with your son, who sneaks out at night and acts like a jerk all the time. And all you guys can talk about is whether fricken Kelly has a crush on Harry? Really?
You suck.

2. Sasha/Dixon

(I absolutely love that the only pics I could find of Dixon he is wearing this.)


They can't have another pregnancy on this show so fast, could they? I mean she referenced Dawson's Creek, so that puts her squarely in the 26-29 age range. This is a person who is dating someone in high school, 10 years younger than her, and was being totally controlling and weird to him. So I think she has definitely been shown to be someone who would fake a pregnancy to keep her high school boy toy. Right? I am so glad this is all blowing up in Dixon's face though, because he is a jerk.



Next week: Liam + Ivy = LOVE. Also, Navid. I missed him this week.






1 comment:

Greg said...

I couldn't get on board with Ivy mainly because she was so on-the-nose predictable and because they are bringing on too many new 2-dimensional characters for no good reason! We know that by the end of the season Jen's lies will be exposed and Liam and Naomi will reunite, I really can't deal with Richard, Jamie, and Ivy being around just to prolong the inevitable! Now if 90 makes something happen that ruins their chances together when they find out the truth, like a pregnancy or a death, then I'll go for it. But if this is all just to postpone the inevitable who gives a shit?

I love Liam too, but I'm a little more into Jasper. I was hoping "Unmasked" meant that he would be exposing Annie for killing his uncle in this episode. But nope. They just stole a car and rode off until November. The preview has the big dangerous reveal that Jasper's a drug dealer. Lame city! I wanted him to either be much more devious than that or to be a seriously misunderstood good guy (although I guess Liam (and maybe Teddy) has the monopoly on that).

I'm happy to see Deb/Harry/Kelly get a storyline, but it's coming with no build, no purpose and no surprise. I would rather see Deb just THINK Harry and Kelly were fooling around and NOT confront him and just feel really excluded from the BH lifestyle that her family has taken to and have her cheat first. Then Harry finds out and turns to Kelly.

I'm positive that Sasha is lying. She has psycho written all over her. I would care more if they spent even one scene that made me understand why she wanted to stay with the high school boy anyway. It was a surprising cliffhanger, so good for them for that, I guess.

That's all I got for now.