Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Heroes-The last two episodes until 2010!


Heroes-Claire.jpg
At this point, it is pretty rare for me to be able to understand any character's motivations at all. I spend most of my Heroes watching time cringing and spouting out better solutions to these people's problems, or trying to explain their stupidity away, saying things like "Well I guess I can understand where Peter is coming from, I mean he just found out his brother is dead and all..." Also, I can never bring myself to watch it on time, obviously.

Let's just start with "Thanksgiving":

-Everyone on this show needs an interior decorator. Do all the Heroes have to live in the most drab, depressing places imaginable?

-Oooh it's that blonde woman who likes Bennet again! If this show needs anything, it's definitely MORE characters.

-Awkward Thanksgivings all around. Sandra brings her boyfriend. H.R.G stalks the blonde; invites her to the worst Thanksgiving ever. Claire threatens to quit school. Over at the Petrelli's, Angela lies, threatens and generally stomps around like a child before admitting that Nathan is both dead and Sylar, then Sylar eats all the pie. Seriously.

-At the Carny Thanksgiving, Hiro time travels to when Samuel killed Joseph, showing Lydia, instead of time traveling to when Samuel took Charlie and saving her. Okay. Sure. Not exactly what I would do in that situation, but really, who am I to judge?

-Claire stole the compass and then she and Gretchen went on a ROAD TRIP! You are an idiot Claire.

"The Fifth Stage" marked the last episode of Adrian Pasdar (one of the few actors on this show to combine being hot with being a good actor) as Nathan Petrelli. He and Peter had a scene which was supposed to be gut wrenching but just seemed completely ridiculous because of what had come before. (Namely, Peter running around trying to make Sylar become his dead brother, taking away all his powers and then not killing him. I know we want to keep Zach Quinto on the show, but man, the reasons for not killing Sylar are getting ridic.) Then he fell off a building for what seemed like ever,became Sylar and walked away. So, good plan Peter. Real good plan.

Meanwhile, Nathan's bio-daughter, who has no idea that he's dead and seems completely unconcerned with her bio-family at this point anyway, was conned and joined the Carnival with Samuel. I don't think it could have been more clear that Claire was being snowed, and I can only hope Gretchen's decision to weirdly accept Claire's terrible choice just means she is driving straight to H.R.G.'s and getting his help.

H.R.G. and that blonde woman worked on finding Claire and on their own relationship issues. I like H.R.G. being with someone who actually likes him and is nice to him. I am sure the writers are working on that as we speak, and it will be all ruined in January.

The closing montage reminded me of that lame Emma woman, and let me know that apparenly Hiro, Ando and Mohinder are running around in a jungle or something. Even though last we saw Hiro he was trying to save Charlie, the last we saw Ando he was about to marry Hiro's sister and the last we saw of Mohinder he was in a straitjacket in a padded room, I'm not even wondering why or how. I just don't care.

Heroes will return in January. At least I think it will.

-

No comments: