Thursday, December 10, 2009

What does 'Coming Soon' mean?! Need more 90210 now!


Looking through my notes about 90210 this week, there are no fewer than 7 sad faces! That's a lot of sad faces! It was a sad episode, with lots of drama, miscommunication and general angst. A lot of stuff went down. It was actually a pretty awesome show this week!

I have to say that even thought I kind of felt bad for Annie here, I did not actually make a sad face next to her name (sad faces next to: Teddy, Ivy, Ade, Teddy again, Silver + Dixon, Ivy again.) However, even though I pretty much hate Annie, there was a lot I liked about the whole Annie/Jasper take-down story such as:

-Naomi sincerely apologizing to Annie. That was nice. Even though Annie is pretty terrible, she didn't deserve what Naomi did. (She did kill that bum so...maybe she did?)

-Naomi going all mama bear on Annie when she found out that Jasper was a drug dealer.

-Liam apologizing to Annie, which he really should have, because he did let everyone believe they slept together, which is not cool.

-The whole original gang (minus the more likeable new cast members) got together to talk to Annie! It kind of made me miss Ethan, but what can you do?

-Ade stepping up and admitting that she bought drugs from Jasper, which made Annie believe them AND brought her and Navid a little closer together. (Man, I really miss my favorite teenage almost-marrieds. Adrianna and Navid 4eva!)

-Annie actually believing them! Finally!

-And of course, the kicker. JASPER KNOWS ANNIE RAN OVER HIS UNCLE. What?! How one earth could he know, and why would he date someone who killed his uncle? Oh man this guy is more twisted than we knew. I am sure this will kick off a story of poor Annie being forced to stay with him or something, before it is revealed that she really hit a black bear or something. Or a minotaur.


(She's actually an expert life ruiner Navid, give her a crack at Jasper.
)90210-Naomi-Navid.jpg

But Annie isn't the only one to suffer heartbreak at the incredibly well advertised (Ballerinas in the halls?! What?!) "Winter Wonderland" dance. Poor Teddy and Silver both suffer the heartbreak of miscommunication. Aided by Dixon, coming back to remind us that even though everyone is being pretty nice on this episode (excluding villain Jasper) that he is still the biggest jerk on the show. When he didn't tell Silver that the blonde was Teddy's sister, I actually yelled "Ugh, what a jerk!" to no one in particular. Why does Dixon suck so much? Teddy and Silver are my new Navid and Adrianna, as in I care a weird amount about the progression of their relationship. Way more than I should. Damn you Dixon!!

Speaking of Dixon, I actually really liked the scenes with him and Deb where they talked about his adoption and his trouble feeling like he belonged in the family. It is pretty cool that they touched a little bit on the whole Black kid in a white family thing. I am not so sure I am too excited about the "finding my birth mom" thing, mostly because they did that last season, it was pretty sweet and it made me stop hating Annie for five minutes. I don't think this can happen again.

Well I knew this day would come. And even I have to admit, the Liam/Naomi reunion was super sweet. He even showed her what was under his tarp, (heh) and it wasn't a Jen killing machine or an Annie killing machine! It was a boat! He's so sensitive! Honestly, even though I really like Ivy and I think that Liam and she are super cute together, you got me CW, Naomi and Liam are pretty great too. Liam I guess, is just awesome. And hot. Anyway, if there had been a pic of Naomi and Liam instead of Ivy and Liam on the CW website I would have put it up. That is how much I am ready to buy this couple. They really stretched out their separation pretty well, and gave them a totally nice reunion. Facilitated by Ivy! Love that girl.

So let's review, because you might need to refer back to this 'soon' (whenever that is!) when 90210 returns!

-Annie knows Jasper is a drug dealer.

-Jasper knows Annie is a bum killer.

-Adrianna is clean and getting back into everyone's good graces.

-Silver and Teddy like each other, but Silver thinks Teddy is a player and Dixon decided to prey on that and kiss her. Cause he's a jerk.

-Teddy is sweet.

-Dixon is jerk.

-Naomi and Liam are back together.

-Liam is making a boat, not a killing machine.

-Liam is hot.

-Ivy is heartbroken. Or at least sad.

-Navid is still taking the hard line when it comes to forgiving Ade, but he's softening a little. Maybe.

-Ryan Matthews is drinking at work, I guess because Jen is a horrible person. Or because he is an idiot.

-West Beverly High School spends an inordinate amount of money on their dances.

-I love snow cones. Great refreshment idea Dance Committee!

See you 'soon'!

No comments: