Wednesday, April 14, 2010

90210 Made me happy!

Liam-90210.jpg(One of things that made me happy about this episode of 90210...this picture of Liam.
)

Oh man, I was so into this episode of 90210! Many things made me very, very happy.

Starting with...Scott Patterson, (Luke from Gilmore Girls!) as Liam's (Matt Lanter) Dad! Unlike his Mom, he is actually old enough to be his parent, and I loved him on Gilmore Girls, and he and Liam hugged and everything, so that makes me think he is going to be cool, despite the whole "just got out of jail" thing. I am so excited about this development! Yay Scott Patterson!

Other awesomeness? Dixon (Tristan Wilds) has finally gotten off the "Great Big Jerk Train" and gotten back to being totally adorkable! If Ivy (Gillian Zinser) wasn't totally smitten by his nerdy little dance to Bob Marley at that party, she has a heart of stone. Also, when he was teaching her how to DJ, that was pretty hot.

By the way, I kind of like how they are slowplaying Dixon's gambling problem storyline. I mean it's a dumb storyline, but at least they are just mentioning it once in a while and letting it gain momentum before everyone ends up staging an intervention or something.

Somehow, I was simultaneously charmed by how cute Navid (Michael Steger) was with Lila AND how they seem to be paving the way for Navid and Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) to get back together. Michael Steger really does a great job portraying Navid's inherent sweetness without going over the top. I really do believe him as a genuinely nice guy, with just the right amount of geekiness, but not so much that you can't understand why these girls are into him. And since I wanted them to get married, I obviously want him back with Ade! Sorry Lila.
Navid-90210.jpg

I am liking Ivy's mom a little bit more this episode, especially since she gave Adrianna such good advice at the party. And everyone loves a pothead!

I was also really excited that Naomi (AnnaLynn McCord) recanted before she ruined that poor teacher's life, though I was really confused how everyone found out so quickly. Did Liam have a glass on the door or something? And how did Ivy find out? I thought the show did a good job making Naomi sympathetic even though she had done something pretty awful. I will say this though, having Annie draw parallels to her own secret from Naomi's made me realize that they did not do a good job making Annie sympathetic. Maybe it's just the face. Though, Naomi was nostril flaring it UP last night. It's like these kids took acting lessons from Joey Tribiani or something!

I do think they are trying to make up for Annie's horrible "Jasper will never tell!" smile last week by showing that she is still feeling guilty and have stress dreams and the like. Still, she's pretty awful.

There were a few things that left me befuddled last night though, and one of them being Annie and Silver's "dress up like whores" outing to test drive the Mustang. That was the dumbest, most convoluted way ever to get Annie to have some kind of PTSD attack about hitting the bum. Since she was driving from Naomi's house home when she hit him, aren't there about a hundred easier ways to get her driving down that road again? And why would either of them think they are lost? Dumb.
Annie-90210.jpg(Annie, thinking about whether killing a homeless person is better or worse than falsely accusing someone of sexual harassment.
)

Another was good ol' Ryan "Wake and Bake" Matthews. I feel like they don't know what to do with him, so they always have him sleeping with older women and flirting with substance abuse problems. I mean we never even got to see how his drinking problem was going, and now he's going to become a pothead?!! Or not, maybe just have a fun and functional relationship with Ivy's mom? I really cannot tell where this storyline is going. I like the character, so hopefully they will figure him out at some point. What about he and Liam being all buddy-buddy? Let's bring that back!

And even though I want her and Navid to get back together, I can't believe Gia cheated on Ade! I feel like their relationship was portrayed as really functional and mature, and Gia as totally into Ade as well as smart and funny and then BAM! One fight and she's hooking up with her ex! Gia, you used to be cool.

Next week: Teddy and Silver have a fight (sad face.), Liam and Naomi make up (fakely or something), and Liam and Annie have a moment (ewwww!). God poor Liam really has a thing for liars.

No comments: