Thursday, April 8, 2010

Melrose Place "Some Street in L.A." (Sepulveda actually)


So, I felt slightly less rage at this episode than the promo led me to believe I would, but there were still plenty of thing to make me feel ragey, such as:

-Jonah(Michael Rady). Pretty much everything Jonah did in this episode made me want to slap him. Slappable offenses include: acting like he has some great moral compass, bidding on stupid Riley (Jessica Lucas) at her stupid fundraiser, trying to shame Ella(Katie Cassidy) into acting how he wanted her to, not appreciating his great girlfriend, getting all warm and fuzzy about stupid Riley at the casting of his stupid movie, demanding that the studio sell him his movie back after he has one disagreement with the director (characterized as a "big fight" by both parties even though it was about two seconds long and as heated as Riley and bearded Billy Campbell making out) and then of course, having his dream come true and wanting to tell Riley instead of Ella, and then making an annoying puppy dog face at Riley and Drew (Nick Zano). Haaate. I am starting to dislike Jonah more than Riley to the point that I now want her and Drew to be happy so that she can rub it in his face. See what you've done to me Jonah?!! Now I hate you more than Riley!! (My hate for you is contingent on your actions, so you can still fix this. I will always hate Riley, no matter what.)

-Riley's totally bizarre fundraiser outfit. She looked insane.

-Why does everyone act like Riley is the prettiest girl in the world?!! Why?!

-I am mad that Ella didn't take Riley out on a date. That, I would like to see.

-Where did Riley get the money to throw that fundraiser in the first place?!

-I don't want to see any more of Drew's band. And obviously, neither did anyone else at that party.

-I can't believe they had that nerdy guy dump Ella. (In the Valley!) Isn't our girl going through enough here?!

-I hate that Ella didn't slap Jonah and make my dreams come true, but instead just acted incredibly cool and mature and then admitted to David (Shaun Sipos) that she was really into Jonah. And that she can't ever sleep with David again without being a jerk because Lauren(Stephanie Jacobsen) is in love with him.

There were some things I liked too though!

-First and most importantly of all, there were NO OLDTIMERS. I never thought I would say this, but I pretty much hate all of the original Melrose Placers and would be quite happy to never see them again. (Bummer for me.)

-David and Ella team up! They are hotness!

-Lauren gets through to David! Of course he understands what it's like to have to be constantly proving yourself worthy of your father's love. BOOM goes the dynamite Lauren, you're golden.

-David's restaurant gets a great review, with a little help from Ella and Lauren. I really do like that they are actually showing us that these people are friends instead of just telling us the way they were in the first half of the season. I also like both Riley and Ella's conversation with Lauren about her whoring ways.

-Drew isn't a psycho, he believes that Micheal's valve is killing people! Awesome! Take him down Drew!


Next week:
Ugh, Amanda's back. You are not revitalizing Melrose Place this time around, Heather Locklear, sorry to say. And if Riley doesn't shoot down Jonah, Ima gonna kill someone.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

While I think that Riley and Ella are awesome for not judging Lauren on her past prostitution, I really think Lauren needs to think twice about her friendship with Riley and her lack of fashion sense! Who would go out in public like that? It seems Ella really has the best read on Riley in not liking her!

Also, since when are Riley and Lauren bffs? I thought that Ella and Lauren were a heck of a lot closer in previous episodes. I must have missed something, or maybe I was too annoyed with Riley and Jonah to even pay attention to that storyline.