Thursday, April 8, 2010

90210-"Sweaty Palms and Weak Knees"


What did I love (or get sweaty palmed over?) about 90210 this week, you might ask? Well let me see:

-The awesome "arty" picture of Annie in front of the Hollywood Sign that Jasper had in his room. It's totally normal to have a picture of your girlfriend making the ugly cry face in a frame!

-Speaking of ugly faces, Jasper sure made a lot of them during his suicide attempt!

-The fact that I was actually kind of interested in the Anne/Jasper plot for once! (Suicide always jazzes things up!)

-I loved that Jasper's obviously totally rich Dad told Annie that Jasper was really affected by his uncle's death. "We are fabulously wealthy, but we pretty much decided to just let him become a drunken homeless person while simultaneously letting our weirdo teenage kid hang out with him. How did this plan go wrong?!!" It is always such a shock when the drunk bum brother goes before the ridiculously affluent one.

-Gia and Adrianna! Still cute!

-Teddy and Silver! DREAMY.

-The fact that the only restaurant/club that anyone who goes to West Bev put up an incredibly huge and expensive looking set so that The Gloria Steinems could play one song, for their first ever show. They are going to be so disappointed when they start playing dirty rock clubs.

-That The Gloria Steinems have their own van. (I know the guitarist is supposed to be daughter of a famous musician but still...)

-That when Ivy's mom says she "knows" a guy, it means she's slept with him.

- I think Dixon got a haircut! Or something. He looks better to me for some reason.

-Dixon and Ivy's fake relationship! He got her a good present and everything! He's a way better fake boyfriend to her than he was a real boyfriend to Silver. Hmm does that tell you something Dixon?

What did I hate about it?

-No Navid. We saw more of his girlfriend than him! They better not be marginalizing him!

-Everything else about Ivy's mom. It was just a little too cliche, the whole "child is the parent, mom is sleeping with the teacher, don't call me mom in public" thing. Oh AND she's a record executive. AND she only wants to sign Ade, not the whole band. Wow, how original.

-It could not be more obvious that Annie didn't really kill Jasper's uncle. Because if she did, she would be the worst person in the world and totally unrootable. She's already awful enough, because she thinks she killed someone and is keeping quiet about it.

Things I am just not sure how I feel about:

-No Deb & Hot Yoga Guy (a.k.a. Lucky #3) - I am a little sad about the demise of the parents, I think, but I was super excited to remember over the weekend that Hot Yoga Guy is played by Greg Vaughn, who in addition to playing Lucky # 3 on GH, also played Cliff, Donna's firefighter goody too-shoos boyfriend on Beverly Hills, 90210!

-Naomi and Liam. I kind of like that Naomi is stirring up trouble, cause let's be honest, that's what she's there for, but I also like her and Liam together and hate to see her screw it up like this! He better run into the arms of Ivy when he finds Naomi is lying about the whole "Australian teacher sexually harassed me" thing. Also, I love that after assaulting a teacher the first thing that Harry does is ask Liam if has a good reason. Like, if he has a good reason it's okay to attack someone?

Next week:
I missed the previews because I was in the bathroom! Damnit!

4 comments:

Greg said...

That Annie picture is ridiculous. I mean I guess it's to show us how "dark" Jasper is, that his happy moments are lined with sad and scary things. Whatever, it's strange.

Did you think it was weird that Jasper's parents didn't seem worried about him physically until after they found out he jumped rather then fell? What the hell's the difference in that first moment where you're just trying to find out if he's alive? I mean they were super casual asking Annie how he fell and then she says he jumped and suddenly they are concerned.

Also, after hearing that Jasper has been really messed up since his uncle died, how can Annie walk away from him at the end of the episode SMILING when she hears he will keep her secret? That's seriously fucked up. Cuz even if she isn't in trouble, she's killed a man and maybe seriously added to this kid's psychosis.

Sarah said...

Oooh, one more thing to hate was the make-up on all of the band members.

And, I totally agree with Greg's comments on what a horrible, terrible, no good person Annie is for being happy in not being found out in being a boobie showing bum killer.

Unknown said...

I'm intrigued by this Dixon and Ivy pairing, they kind of make a cute couple.

Liam has some SERIOUS anger management issues. Bev Hills must be a different place because where I'm from they'd expel your ass first and ask questions later. Naomi is totally turning into Jen and is about to send Liam running into the arms of Ivy.

The kid who plays Jasper has Shenae Grimes syndrome and over acts too much. Those facial expressions were killing me. Also, maybe it was just me, but it seemed like Jasper leaned more than jumped of the Hollywood sign. If you're gonna commit suicide, at least do it right.

Lastly, what is up with them giving Dixon a gambling problem? His mom mentioned online gambling ONCE and now Dixon is about two steps from Gambler Anonymous.

Unknown said...

Oh I can't believe I forgot to mention the looming gambling problem! Man, what bad influences both of Dixon's moms are! If he finds out about Debbie's Yoga Guy smooching ways he'll probably start fake cheating on Ivy or something!