Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Melrose Place "Santa Fe" or Life is Unfair

Melrose-Place-Ella.jpg


So why is life unfair you may ask? Because we live in a world where it is completely plausible that a man like Jonah (Michael Rady) ( (reasonably attractive, currently successful but usually broke, whiny) can have his choice of TWO women, and a woman like Ella (Katie Cassidy) (totally hot, driven, successful) is nothing more than a rebound for a confused idiot. Seeing Jonah and Drew (Nick Zano) fight over Riley (Jessica Lucas) made my blood boil! That coupled with the fact that Ella was totally cool about it and in next week's preview Jonah is trying to get Riley back make me HATE JONAH. Moron. So that is what I have to say about that!

Other thoughts:

-Everyone over 40 on this show is an unrepentant sociopath. I mean I don't even understand how I am supposed to enjoy the reunion between Jo (Daphne Zuniga), Jane (Josie Bissett), Michael (Thomas Calabro) and Amanda (Heather Locklear) when not one of these people have even one redeeming quality?! They are all just desperate losers trying to destroy the next generation for the flimsiest of reasons possible. They are awful, and I hate them. Especially Amanda and Jane, because they are destroying Ella's career, and she worked SO HARD. Also, Michael, because he was pretty much going to rape Lauren (Stephanie Jacobsen) by blackmailing her into sex.
Melrose-Place-Jo-Michael-Jane.jpg
-Speaking of Lauren...OMG! I love that she just admitted to being prostitute like that! I wish she had done that before breaking up with David (Shaun Sipos) and driving him back to thievery which kicked off the stupid "blonde girl blackmailing David into sex" (very popular on this show) storyline which is boring and lame. I really liked the scene where David and Lauren talked about their feelings, because he was justifiably hurt and angry, and she was open and vulnerable. He's love starved, so he won't be able to resist the "I love you" from her for long.
'
-Two good burns tonight- Drew to Jonah- So desperate you throw a party like this just to show everyone how AWESOME you are!" And Ella about Jo "Did somebody complain that this party wasn't bossy and overbearing enough?!"

-Of course Riley makes Lauren being a whore all about her. "Remember, I know what it's like to have the rug pulled out from under your whole life..." Because being forced to become a hooker so you don't have to give up on your dream of being a doctor is JUST LIKE breaking up with your boyfriend of five years. Exactly the same,

-What was Drew doing with that body at the end there? I thought he was the normal one! Non-broody and everything!

Next week:
Jonah tries to get back together with Riley and disses Ella. Jonah, you are officially moving to the hate list. Jerk.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I bought the fight with Jonah and Drew b/c Jonah was drunk and not prepared to see Riley move on. I enjoyed Riley's burn to Jonah about him nesting with Ella since the night they split. If Jonah ditches Ella to try to win back Riley next week, however, I am totally off the Jonah train for reals.

I need to know who Drew is autopsying. Part of me thought I was supposed to know who the corpse belonged to but I didn't recognize it.

Krista said...

I also thought we were supposed to know who that was that Drew was autopsying! But maybe we were just supposed to think it as really weird that he was cutting up a body in the middle of the night like a psycho. I know I did, so good job Melrose Place!

I was actually okay with the Jonah/Drew fight until the preview for next week. It really ruined the integrity of the episode for me! Maybe I should become one of those people who avoids previews!