Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Melrose Place- I finally discovered the mystery behind the episode names! This is worth reading just for that!

Riley-Amanda-Melrose-Place.jpg
Two things before we begin:

1. I finally figured it out! I am going to stop obsessing about the episode names from now on! I guess Melrose Place names all the episodes after streets in L.A. or something? Is that supposed to be clever? It seems to me the writers just don't have even the tiniest bit of creativity left in them after writing the episode, so they just name it after somewhere they drove by earlier.

2. CWTV.com has the worst selection of pictures for this show. It is basically always just the same two scenes from 10 different angles. This week? Pool basketball and Amanda vs. Riley confrontation. Hopefully you don't have a powerful need to see more angles of either of those scenes, because you're just getting one of each.

So onto the show! What even happened?! Well let's see...

Amanda/Riley/Bearded Billy Campbell- I think we're supposed to...like Riley(Jessica Lucas)? Maybe? With her whole "I'll get the funding for my schools, even if I have to raise every last cent myself!", I think we are supposed to find her admirable and like-able. I don't, so it doesn't really matter what they want. This storyline was a dud for me, for a few reasons.
1. Riley.
2. It went nowhere
3. Bearded Billy Campbell and Riley have absolutely no sexual chemistry, and I do not buy that he would break up with Amanda for her. I mean, Riley and I would have more chemistry together, and I hate her!
The only good thing about this for me is that maybe Amanda will do a lot of awful things to Riley in the future because of her boyfriend stealing. Fingers crossed!

David/Lauren- Sigh. Stupid Lauren really did break up with David and not give him a reason. I really wanted to believe she would find a way out that didn't involve breaking David's heart and driving him back to thievery. The bright side is, maybe now that he has slept with that girl so that she won't tell her mobster (or something) father that David stole from him, when they get back together, David will totally understand her whorish ways!

Drew (Nick Zano)- He is called Drew! Score one for me against CWTV.com! He was also much less annoying this time around, and I will admit, it is nice to have someone who doesn't take everything SO SERIOUSLY around. He is far less broody than the rest of them.
Drew-Jonah-David-Melrose-Place.jpg

Ella/Jonah- I actually really liked this story line! It totally makes sense that Ella and Jonah would have a few bumps in the road towards "couplehood", and it was nice to see a few layers in both characters. We see that Ella has a reason for those rough edges (child of divorce, tough upbringing) and that Jonah had a tendency to be a bit suffocating to those he loves. And of course, I was happy to seem them work it out for now, because I love Ella almost as much as I hate Riley, and the fact that this makes Ella happy while making Riley miserable is pretty perfect.

Next week:
Drew and Jonah BETTER NOT be fighting over Riley. Seriously. Also: Lots of old-timey Melrosers in one place! Melrose Place!

No comments: