Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Melrose Place: I'll have the red herring please.

Okay Melrose Place, and all other TV shows, I have a question. How is it always, that whenever anyone gets brutally murdered, they always have at least 3 or 4 conversations that very night that are always fraught with drama and often violence?! I will tell you this, if I ever have more than 1 run-in in a night with people who have an axe to grind with me, I am NOT letting that third person in, as they will probably kill me. Either accidentaly or on purpose, doesn't really matter. I would like to avoid it.

So this episode started with Auggie (Colin Egglesfield) in a sexy shower of angst, and revealed that he and Sydney had a very complicated relationship indeed. Let's run it down here:

-Met at AA and slept together pretty much immediately. (Go Sydney! Or Auggie! Or both!)

-Stopped sleeping together after three months to properly "work the program". Because she loved him too much to let him fail. (Too late, maybe?)

-He told her about his girlfriend's tragic death by barfight, but did NOT seem to mention that he totally stabbed the guy who killed her to death all psycho style and got off because the jury felt bad for him.

-Aaaand of course, they had a crazy run-in the night she was killed (that seems to alibi David, but who knows how the timeline will shake out.) and he got stabbed by her. So did she maybe get stabbed by him right back? Looks like it, but I don't think they are giving us the killer on day 2.

Suspect # 2 that was handed to us on a silver platter was good ole Violet(Ashley Simpson-Wentz). Um, she's Sydney's daughter! Maybe! (Maybe Jane's? That is really the only other choice with the whole DNA thing.) Also she is totally psycho. Auggie seems to like her, but we already know he like insane redheads. There is one other thing that I want to mention about Violet, and it is the fact that, well, SHE IS PLAYED BY AN INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE ACTRESS. Last week you might remember I called Ashlee Simpson-Wentz "the weakest actress". That, was me being nice. Hoping that maybe she would improve. I cannot be nice any longer. So I just have to say, right here and now, that she is so bad she is virtually unwatchable. That bad. Really.

There are two very aggressive and annoying cops investigating this whole Sydney Andrews murder thing, and in this episode they are leaning very heavily on Auggie, even though in the last one they seemed convinced David was the killer. I think I might be a better detective than these two.

I really love that Auggie told Riley that he "Can't get Sydney out of my head". That's probably okay dude, she was just murdered yesterday or something.

Last bit of murder news, Riley and Jonah are kind of suspicious of weirdo Violet. Especially Jonah.

So in Not-involved-in-murdering, just-living-the crazy-L.A.-life-news:

We have whoring. Should we start with whoring? I think we should. Lauren's whoring herself out now, with her first client offering to be her pimp (nice guy, that one). She is kind of upset about things, but still, it's gross. And Lauren don't get mad at the guy who hired you just because he liked you! That means you did a good job! This means you're a great hooker.

Riley and Jonah had some kind of "We are normal people not like these other crazies on this show" fight that was lame and boring. Expect this to happen each episode.

David is some kind of art/jewel thief. Somehow he makes this job seem boring. Also he must really booze it up if he is stealing million items yet still living in freakin Melrose Place, considering Violet lives there with no job at all. That's a lot of Gray Goose.

Ella is becoming my fave character, and not just because Katie Cassidy was on Harper's Island and is pretty. I liked her little work arc, and she gets to say lines like "Good, I was tired of the snack room melodrama anyway." I completely buy her as a ballsy publicist, bitch with heart of gold type.

Jonah and I say the same thing by the way, that we'll only run when being chased. I think he is the only character on this show I could be friends with. Ella would eat me alive!

Next week: I don't know, I didn't even pay attention because the previews are useless

No comments: