Wednesday, September 30, 2009

90210- Officially Better Than Heroes

The title of this post is all true. I was significantly more entertained watching 90210 last night than I have been in years of watching Heroes. There are plots whose outcome isn't immediately obvious! There are even some characters who are appealing and not functionally retarded! Sometimes, people act in ways that make some kind of sense!!!
Even people you really hate! Like Jen. It was pretty smart of her to come clean on the lies that Naomi wouldn't hate her forever for, and to spin them so she didn't come off as the total sociopath that she is. However, maybe Liam has her outmatched for once! Yay Liam. God I hope so, because I think I will enjoy her comeuppance ever more than I enjoyed Annie's!

Another storyline I am still into? The whole Navid/Adrianna/Teddy triangle. (Is it about to become a square with Silver? Oh I think it is because she and Teddy are rocking some hot hate chemistry!) Navid is acting like a controlling jerk...BUT he really does just want what's best for Adrianna. Adri
90210-Navid-Silver.jpg
anna is being a little deceitful about her feelings here...BUT she just went through a lot and maybe just needs some space from her kind of controlling boyfriend. Teddy is after another guy's girl BUT he seems like a pretty nice guy, and let's be honest, he doesn't really owe Navid anything
. Silver is about to be filled with righteous indignation at both Teddy and Ade I am sure...BUT I think she's gonna want to jump Teddy's bones at some point this season anyway. Who can blame her really?! I mean Adrianna dreams about those abs! I still can't believe that Adrianna made out with Teddy and then came home and had guilt sex with Navid though! That's pretty awful.


IF Annie really killed that homeless guy, then I am loving her story. If she actually just hit a dog or something, it is beyond stupid. I'm pretty sure she didn't actually hit him, but I'll reserve judgment until the big reveal. Two things about this plot thread though: 1. I loved it when Silver asked the weird misanthrope of a nephew of that homeless guy, "Was his death a shock?". I think the kid should have replied, "Yeah, everyone expects their homeless uncle is going to live forever. It was a real shock." 2. I think that kid is using his uncle's murder as a way to get laid. Real classy.

Still loving Liam. Now I am really hoping that those blueprints in his basement were some kind of JEN-killing machine, because I hate her so much, and I do not want to have to suffer through even one more scene of she and Ryan Matthews being a lovey dovey together. The fact that he does not find her horrible proves he is a moron.
90210-Liam.jpg


I am starting to like Teddy and his duh face ways.

I love that Annie can be referred to as "A booby flashing bum-killer" by my friend Shannon.

Everyone's hair is looking amazing on this show. Great hairstylists!

Of course, this week's 90210 was not perfect. Even though it was better than this week's Heroes it still had it's flaws. Such as:

-Dixon. The entire plot. He is such a jerk, AND an idiot, and liking the same kind of sherbet as someone does not mean you are meant to be, SASHA (who is supposed to be a grown woman don't forget.) The woman she thinks is his girlfriend is his mom. Hahaha. She is going to be so mad that she slept with him.

-Also, the attitude towards sex is kind of bothersome to me. Mirroring the old 90210, sex for boys is portrayed as no big deal, and for girls it is portrayed as something they do because they are guilty or upset and it is a HUGE deal. Let's stop with these regressive ideas about sexuality 90210!

-Annie is so dumb and weird. Also: mean.

-Don't tease me with that awesome gay roller skating kid unless I am getting more! MORE!

-The fact that Adrianna killing her dreams of acting is a real turn-on for Navid.

-Jen kind of looks like an ape.

-Liam's parents are so annoying.

-What's the deal with Rumer Willis here? She had one big scene where she acted normally and Silver reacted insanely to her. It was weird.

-I think it would make a lot of sense for on of them to be an actor, so I am bummed that Ade gave up that part! Also she gave it up out of guilt for cheating on her controlling boyfriend, so double boo!

No comments: