Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BEST. EPISODE. THIS. SEASON.- Heroes!

Okay haters, (I'm looking at you Mark!), even you have to admit that this was a pretty great episode. I thought it was paced well, the stories have all been kicked into high gear, and it isn't as if I wanted to yell at any characters for being total morons or anything! Everyone had fairly sensible motives for their actions (unless they were crazy spider people) and I thought it was suspenseful and I am excited for next week! I don't think I have truly felt that way since season 1 to be totally honest, so Angels and Monsters, definitely the best episode in a long time.

So, what in the HELL is going on?!! Everything is all topsy turvy!

Hiro killed Ando! He killed him! I do not care if he is going to go back in time and fix that, that is an effed up thing to do to your best friend! I know totally understand why future Ando electrocutes his ass! That is not cool Hiro. I do have to say that the score was really weird in that scene, all silly Ando and Hiro adventures. I am pretty sure that it was supposed to make us think he wasn't going to do it, but still, weird music for a tragic death scene, even if it will be undone. (Which it better be!) Also, I think we are supposed to like Daphne, so I think she should have been a little more than just mildly upset about Ando's death. I mean, she wasn't happy about it, but she wasn't as freaked as I would have liked her to be.

I absolutely loved the Sylar/Claire/HRG storyline. It was just done really well. With both HRG and Sylar showing us some true colors in unexpected ways. You could just see in Claire's face that she felt so sick realizing that Sylar was the person she actually believed and not her own father! I wonder if he got the implication of her "I understand" there. It's no secret that I really like Zachary Quinto, so it isn't too hard to make me start sympathizing with Sylar, but I think that even someone who did not have CrazySylarlove disease could see that he was the one who was trying to do the right thing there. This show is really starting to give new meaning to the term "gray characters"!


Stray thoughts...

-More Adam! I like that guy. The scene with him negotiating with Hiro was funny and madcap in a totally non-annoying way! Let's hope they keep that up.

-Nathan and Tracy confronted Angela, and Nathan does not have natural "abilities" was interesting. It seems like the people whose powers are natural have more evolving powers, where as the ones given by the company are more static. Just a theory.

-So, looks like Mohinder is some kind of crazy spider guy. Oookay. Maya should have taken him out with her black eyes.

-Poor Peter. Stuck with a shunt in his head!

-Daddy Petrelli is alive! And EVIL!!! Nobody actually dies on this show, and I kind of find that comforting.

-Maury! That guy creeps me out.

-The puppet guy made me completely shudder. The preview for next week was so creepy with he and Claire and her two Mommies.

-All in all this episode rocked. Hooray for a true return to form!

1 comment:

jennypoo said...

I LOVE Sylar SO SO SO much.