Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"It's just a little wet, it's still good, it's still good!" Heroes

Ok, so this episode of "Heroes" was pretty good, and very creepy, but it seems like this show just won't give me what I want, which is starting to get a little frustrating. Why are they keeping the following could-be-awesome things from us?!


1. ADAM! He seems totally dead. This does not seem to be one of those undo able deaths, which makes me mad. David Anders has charisma to spare, and the character of Adam was pretty interesting to me. He was dark but also funny, evilly misguided but also pretty damn cute. I know we had to show Papa Petrelli's power taking-power (Which seems to be related to Peter's AND Sylar's! Could they be full bros?)before he got Peter, but damn show, that still sucks! I mean he was on the show for a total of what, 15 minutes this season? What a waste!!


2. Peter and Sylar. Peter and Nathan. Peter and Claire. Peter and anyone in his family with whom he has great chemistry and an interesting relationship. I loved the Peter/Nathan relationship so much in Season 1, and we are getting barely any again this season. Peter and Sylar are more and more interesting each time we seem them, and it would be great to see them begrudgingly (not petulantly, PETER) work together. Peter and Claire have almost too much chemistry (they are together in real life, which might be why they are kept apart on the show, because I mean, that is kind of gross. He's like 30 and she's 18.), and we only see them wanting to kill each other in the future. I mean maybe Peter and Papa Petrelli will be awesome together, but I think we need more Petrelli family interactions. It looks like we are going to get that next week, but I'm not counting on anything, because they really like to disappoint me when it comes to this.


3. Speaking of team-ups that they keep teasing and never giving us, what about a Claire/HRG team! When will they give me the Daddy/Daughter partnership of my dreams? It's like they are actively trying to keep apart the characters that are great together.


There were some good things going on too, though:


1. Claire kicking ass! Good thing that creepy guy wanted to play Russian Roulette, because who knows how they would have gotten out of there if Claire hadn't gotten killed! That dude was really skin crawlingly gross. That's what they were going for though. I liked Claire and her two Mommies as well.


2. Hiro didn't really kill Ando! Even though it was a fake-out, I liked it. Hiro and Ando are the only awesome partnership that this show will keep together, so I will continue to support them, even though they always have to be silly.

3. Sylar feeling love and all that stuff. I love Sylar, and so I love him feeling love. Obviously. Now if Peter wasn't such a little brat, they could be teaming up against their dad all hotly right now!

Other thoughts:

Mohinder isn't becoming "The Fly", he's becoming a spider! Gross. I hope Tracey and Nathan get there asses out of there quickly! FLY away from the spider Nathan! I like Tracey, she seems a lot less passive and annoying than Nikki. (Thanks for the help Daphne!)

Oh Matt Parkman, when will you be in a storyline I care about?

Oh wise African guy, when will you stop embodying stereotypes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_negro

The way Daphne talks annoys me, and so does her terrible hair. I also don't really understand her weird blase attitude. It's like she's mildly annoyed by death and torture, but not enough to do anything about it or even agonize about her inability to do something about it.

Next week:

Petrelli family secrets! This show does well when it has a tight focus (Company Man, anyone?), so hopefully this will be a good episode.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK...I sucked it up and watched three episodes in a row on my DVR. (Yes, my life is THAT interesting). So now I'm all caught up. And I have to say...I'm left thinking...I've got to get a life. Heroes is sooooo disappointing....none of it makes any sense...the whole Mohinder story line just pisses me off...it's soooo derivative...and now we get old Mafia dude, Papa Petrelli...great...

--Mark

Krista said...

Maybe it's just the hotness of the people, but I can just see so much potential that I keep hoping that the show will live up to it!

Anonymous said...

I am gettting frustrated with the lack of sense that this season is making, but I have hope they will start to tie it together sooner or later...the thing I am really sick of is PETER! His brooding petulance is getting soooo old. And I still disagree with you on Daphne--I kind of like her....my biggest dissapointment continues to be..where is Veronica Mars????