Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chuck- Two Episodes, One Theme.

Hey did you guys know that Chuck and Sarah love each other?  But they can't be together because of the Intersect, the fact that she's a spy and he doesn't even know her real name and because it would probably be illegal? Well, if you didn't have any idea about that, good for you, because that is what both these episodes were about.  I am not trying to say that I didn't enjoy these two episodes, because I really did, and I know I always say that I appreciate how the show accepts the reality of the Chuck/Sarah situation, but I just feel like I need them to move forward somehow. If Sarah just told Chuck that she loved him and that they would somehow find a way to make that work it would have been such a shock that I feel like the unreality of it all would have worked for me.  Instead they had the same conversation where he tells her he's crazy about her, she says nothing and then looks sad that she can't reciprocate.  I get it people, they are star-crossed!  Star-crossed I tell you!  

Chuck Vs. The Beefcake and Chuck Vs.
The Lethal Weapon both featured the very hot and too awesome to be true Agent Cole, hanging around, taking bullets for people, lusting after Sarah and just generally making Chuck feel completely inadequate.  I really like this character for a few reasons, only one
 of them being hot Britishness. He was actually the awesome guy that he seemed to be, which is pretty much almost a twist on this show.  He seemed to really care not just about Sarah, but also about Chuck and Casey.  He was good at his job yet seemed to understand that sometimes, you have throw away duty for your own happiness.  He was a pretty cool dude.  Even Chuck had to admit it, and he was totally jealous of him.  I thought Sarah's attraction to him was pretty understandable, and liked that she seemed just a little bit tempted when he tried to convince her to run away with him, despite her love for Chuck.  Even Casey liked this guy!

The thing that I am really excited about is the forward movement on the Intersect story!  Who is Orion?  Crazy theory time:  Orion is Chuck's Dad!!!!  Here's why.  Obviously one reason is because he was mentioned in the same episode as this mysterious creator of the Intersect. Another is that he has been suspiciously absent from Chuck and Ellie's lives for years.  He had two incredibly smart children, so logic goes that he must be pretty smart as well.  He is hard to find, the way a spy might be.  EVERYONE in Chuck's life turns out to be a spy, which sometimes seems lame, but maybe not so much if his Dad created the Intersect to be placed in his head.  He could have been working with Bryce, Jill, and others at Stanford to ready Chuck for the implantation when Bryce felt guilty and got him kicked out.  Also, all of Chuck's info about the Intersect etc. is written on the back of his Tron poster GIVEN TO HIM BY HIS DAD.  So that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.  

I love that Chuck is doing his own gathering of info to try and help himself by the way.  Way to be proactive, Chuck!  I also thought that Adam Baldwin did a great job of looking sad and uncomfortable just for a moment when Chuck mentioned getting the Intersect out of his head.  
Lest we forget that Casey is supposed to kill Chuck as soon as he is Intersect-free.  I kind of wish Sarah would figure that out, because I'm not sure I can ever imagine John Casey spilling, no matter what.  All of the spy plot stuff was pretty great in these past two episodes, really ramping up the tension in the show.  

I just wish we could find some way to change the Chuck/Sarah story up for good instead of just temporarily.  Moving in together actually seemed liked a great idea to me because it would do that, but we would probably lose Awesome and Ellie to that, which would be sad.  Sarah having real feelings for Cole doesn't matter when she has more for Chuck, just like when Chuck was with Jill.  I mean poor Sarah didn't even get to sleep with him or anything.  I think the actors have great chemistry and the dynamic is great, we just need a away to freshen it up a bit.  Maybe the way is to ignore it a little and not build TWO episodes around it.  Maybe.  

Next week:

It is actually like I have some sort of block when it comes to previews....Oooh the general doesn't want the Intersect out of Chuck's head (neither do I, by the way) so Chuck is going rogue!  Holy crap, how unChucklike!!!

3 comments:

oracle said...

Nicely work on blog. You did a good job But you don't think there is need some more episodes for watch and Download.. Anyways i can help you.. I have wondered a nice link and i am going to share with you and obvious others.. So you guys can online Watch and Download Chuck Episodes from here.. visit and Enjoy this entertaining show.
Have a Great time.

oracle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cherrysmith said...

Thanks for Nice link of Chuck-Two episode, One theme. I like it. My family,my friends and I likes to watch Chuck. I have watched it's every episode. All are Amazing!!!! All are new and fresh and always full of funny jokes,action,drama,romance and entertainment.