Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"You're on Taffy time now!" Dollhouse.

Dollhouse, I am liking you.  I'm not loving you, but I'm liking you.  Make me love you show!  You know you want to.  

Things I liked:  

Echo and Sierra getting the same personality imprint.  It was cool to see each of the actresses take on "Taffy", and I felt like they mirrored each other ably.

Echo as midwife- not just a badass chick.  Now let's see a full engagement where she can do that convincingly. (Why hire an active and not a real midwife?  I don't know, the same reason you hire an active instead if  real safecracker I guess.  You want her to be hot.)

Victor= Adele's active, not Laurence's.  So she's apparently not as averse to killing him as we thought, because it didn't seem like those Russian mobsters were just trying to wound him.  

Whedon trademark- guy who seems like douche, actually awesome, guy 
who seems kind of nice, actually an ass.  Look for this to happen again. 

Seeing the Mutant Enemy logo at the end of the show.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

"We are not omnipotent"- I liked this line because in some ways, the Dollhouse seems impenetrable, which they are, to normal people.  Not to Alpha though.  

The engagement was pretty fun and then pretty poignant, but it didn't have the same disturbing darkness as the others, which I think is good.  

Sierra.  I really love Sierra.  The actress is great, really engaging.  

Topher's assistant was cute. 

Adele seemed really down when she thought Echo was dead. It seemed in the beginning that she might have known Echo when she was Caroline, and now I'm pretty sure of it.  



Things I didn't like:

Seriously though, why do people even use the Dollhouse?  

Topher.  Urgh, I don't like him yet.  Have him grow a conscience or something, ASAP. (Though I did laugh when he told Boyd "They are a little bit bison, actually...")

I don't really get what Adele's plan is with Victor/Ballard.  Right now it doesn't feel mysterious, just kind of nonsensical.

When Echo is Echo, she is really annoying.  "Did I fall asleep?" is the worst catchphrase ever.  

I still want more from/about Ballard.  He is one of the protagonists of this show, but he seems to be almost as much of a cypher as the actives at this point.  

Discussions of art and how it relates to life.  No one likes that.  

Next week: Damn it, I don't know.  I'll bet Echo's in danger though.  That is what I'll bet.  


No comments: