Tuesday, March 24, 2009

No need to fly me to the moon---Heroes!


Things I liked about last night's Heroes---

Bryan Fuller is back as a story consultant! Trust me, this is good. We'll get more moments like the nice one between Ando and Hiro talking about the death of Hiro's mom. The guy will help them pay attention to little stuff which will go a long way to making the show better.

Rebel= Micah!!! I knew it, and I really love that kid. I hope he is in more episodes to come, I think that the actor is great, the character is great, and this storyline is awesome for him. I loved him chewing out his aunt for ratting him out! Micah rules!

Peter, being so kickass and saving his mom like that! I love it when Petrelli's work together, and with their forces combined, these two have the potential to be awesome. Also, Peter looked really hot.

Tracy's sacrifice and death! It looked cool, it was dramatic, she atoned for selling out her own nephew by saving him, it was smart thinking, it gave us a crazy shattering body AND it had more emotional weight than Daphne's death by a mile! I don't for a second believe that Ali Larter is off this show, and I am sure there will be another clone, but if she was going out, this was a pretty great way to do so.

SOMEONE, even if it was dying Daphne in her own head, saying out loud that Matt's obsession with her is weird and strange considering they barely know each other at all and he just experienced a vision in which they were married. THANK YOU. It is creepy. I can't even believe that when they woke him up from his coma thing, the first thing he said was "Daphne! Where's Daphne!!?" Really?

Daphne died with far better hair than with which she lived.

No douchebag Nathan.

Even though I love him, I will admit that a break from Sylar was needed after last week. (Though, I REALLY would have liked him to kill the hell out of Danko, AKA Creepy Hunter Guy)

No Claire! Another person we could all use a break from.

The aforementioned nice moment between Hiro and Ando. Time to stop with the buffoonery and give these characters some more depth. The actors can obviously handle it.

Hiro has some power back!

Ando's powers have some offensive use!

Things that I could have lived without---

Daphne's entire death scene, from the Gwen Stefani thing to the "Fly me to the moon" bullshit. It was really cheesy, and I kind of hated that character, and was pretty happy when I thought she was dead before. I am not looking forward to Parkman mooning (ha! no pun intended) over her death, so hopefully getting Janice and his baby back in the picture will help him get over it.

HRG, Danko. I don't care if they trust each other, don't trust each other, are bad, are good, are bad but think they are good, are good but think they are bad. HRG has chemistry with most of the cast, but he and this guy bore me out of every scene for some reason! I just really want someone to take out Danko, but obviously that isn't going to happen as he is the villain. I do like that all of our main characters are uniting for the same purpose, and I totally get that having HRG on the inside will eventually serve that purpose, but his scenes trying to get Danko to trust him are just falling flat to me, and Danko's "Imprisoning and killing people is so awesome!" attitude is wearing a bit thin. I will admit though, they do a really good job making this guy totally creepy in every way. Even his diminutive stature somehow works to make him seem even more evil instead of less intimidating. The actor played a lawyer on Homicide years ago and I remember thinking that he seemed really clean cut and sweet. So he's doing a great job with the character, I just really hate the character. His motivation needs to be fleshed out a bit at the very least.



Next week: Sylar is trying to work with Danko! If our Heroes didn't seem so hopelessly outmatched already (The entire government is against them for god's sake!) I might be interested in this development, but I think I would just like to see them get one step ahead of one villain before we pair him with another. He is my favorite psycho killer though, so America and I are in agreement on that.

No comments: