Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9021-ok...Family Night!


I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed this episode, and considering the fact that there was no Tabitha and no Brenda, that's saying a lot!

Here are some things I liked about it...

1. It was totally like O.G. 90210 (always assume I am talking about seasons 1-4 of 90210 here, before it became an insane soap opera and everyone was a drug addict or killing their rapist or something) in a few ways.

-The parents were being totally Jim and Cindy, wanting their dorky "Family Night" on a Friday. I cannot wait to be a parent so I can do that kind of crap to my kids!

-The kids were all annoyed with their dorky (yet incredibly hot) Mid-Western parents, but were shown that the L.A. parents are completely horrible and their parents are the greatest people ever.

-It had a heartwarming montage at the end and the whole thing was kind of geeky and sweet, which I cannot resist.

2. It had some Silver focus. Jessica Stroup is still my favorite teen cast member. She's funny, has good reactions even when she's in the background, and is definitely the most dynamic non-adult presence so far.

3. Jackie Taylor! You drunk bitch, you are back! Fab.

4. Dixon + Silver= Love? I like it.

5. I liked all the Kelly stuff. I really liked her in beginning of Beverly Hills 90210, but sometimes I can only remember how awful and annoyingly-sainted she was at the end of the series, so I think I hate her. I actually like her, and that Jennie Garth is pretty adorable with the hot teacher. The end with her, Silver and Sam eating ice cream in bed was too damn cute! (Dylan had better not be that kid's father! I just don't see Brandon abandoning his child like that though. That's totally a Dylan move.)

6. Ethan was...better. I mean he was not hot or brooding or Dylan-y at all, but he also did not seem devlopmentally delayed and he and Annie were kind of cute together, and I know that Annie isn't bringing much to the table, so I'll have to credit Ethan on that one. He's almost...likeable.

7. Dixon was really good in that scene where he explains to Silver about his foster homes. I am really starting to warm up to him as well.


Here are some things that don't bode well...

1. OMG Annie! Stop pulling all those weird faces! Are you having a stroke?

2. Without those faces, I would have absolutely nothing to say about Annie. That's not good.

3. Are Annie and Silver starving to death? Seriously?

4. Ty. Next! Who cares? Not me.

5. So, when the actress playing Naomi wants to convey that she is upset, angry or sad, she has decided to bug out her eyes, suck her cheeks and and flare her nostrils. Okay. Interesting acting choice.

6. NO TABITHA!
7. NO BRENDA!

Other Thoughts:

I don't really see someone who is supposed to be as cool as Ethan (and those other random lacrosse dudes) hanging out with Dixon and Navid on a regular basis. I guess they were really impressed with that stupid pig prank.

Naomi did not take the "my parent's marriage is a sham" thing very well. Wonder how she'll react when we finally get to meet big brother?! I'll bet nostril-flaring will be involved!

Who is this mysterious "him" who is Sam's father?! When Kelly said "We had a lot of history in high school" the first person I thought of was Steve! The kid is pretty blonde. That would actually be a great twist, if only we could forget about his Asian wife and baby.

Looks like there is going to be a lot of Tabitha AND Brenda in the next couple of episodes, so that's more than enough reason to keep watching for me!

2 comments:

jennypoo said...

I want to be Kelly Taylor!

Anonymous said...

I totally think Steve is the father.