Thursday, February 12, 2009

90210. Love (and hatred) is in the air.

Ugh, Valentine's Day. You might think that the reason I pretty much hated this episode is because it was about Valentine's Day and I am all bitter and brokenhearted, but you would be wrong. The reason I pretty much hated it was because it was kind of dumb and boring as most television shows based on holidays are. I mean the entire Silver/Dixon story was just completely boring and stuck in autopilot (love melts heart of tough girl, tough girl goes all gooey, plans perfect V-day, gives boyfriend her v-card) and then it took a turn for the dumb when Silver got Dixon's name tattooed on her. Crazy much Silver? (Yes. Did I see her flip out about that cake? Both Dixon and I were scared.) I couldn't even tell if Dixon was supposed to be happy or freaked out about it. Maybe a little of both? Apparently Dixon is a tiger in the sack, because she couldn't keep her hands off of him and she got his name inked on her for life. Silver and Dixon are two of my favorite characters, but they needed something less lame going on. Though I suppose right up until the whole tattoo thing it was a pretty standard old style 90210 storyline, so I will give them that, but it was so boring that I kind of wanted it to be about Annie and Ethan, just so I could just fast forward through it.

I was all over the Ethan/Rhonda/Annie love triangle, mostly because I want to see Ethan dump Annie on her ass ASAP (Oh my god, she is such a terrible person. I don't understand how we are supposed to see her as remotely likeable at this point. Her life is so damn perfect that the only pain she can use in her stupid acting class is someone else's? Also, she didn't even sell it at all.) We got a lot of crazy face making (see photo!) when she was complaining about Rhonda, when she was trying to "act", when she heard Rhonda's sad story, when Ethan discovered her treachery and when she was crying. I think I am going to make a 90210 drinking game where every time Annie pulls a weird face, you have to drink. It could be dangerous though. Anyway, my original point was that I was kind of liking this story, until the ending where Ethan acted completely offended and taken aback that Rhonda like him and thought he liked her even though she had very recently admitted she had faked being hurt just to hang out with him. Girls just don't usually do that kind of thing for dudes that they just want to be friends with. I know that Ethan has a low IQ, but even he should have been able to see that coming. Also, he clearly hates Annie, so I don't really get why he doesn't get rid of her and be done with it.

Naomi and bartender dude? It is really weird that he was all pissed at her for sending him champagne. I guess he really loves making drinks for rich people and hates getting an education that could actually lead him somewhere that much. Because let's face it, Naomi is hot and rich, so she seems like a pretty good catch. I am sure he will reconsider and then take her into the world of illegal car racing or something like that very soon.

Okay, there were some things I liked:

-Silver and Naomi! I totally buy that they used to be BFF! They have way more friend-chemistry then Annie and Silver (because Annie sucks), and even a little more than Adrianna and Naomi (who are cute together too, I can't deny.) I hope they start hanging out more soon.
-Adrianna and Navid. Maybe it's just because I fantasise about finding a guy who loves me even though I am an emotional wreck and covered in chocolate, but that last scene totally got me. So cute. (On another note, does Navid wear the ugliest shirts in the world or what? I have never seen him in anything remotely non-retina burning.)
Those are pretty much the only things I liked. At all.
Next week:
OMG Naomi's new boyfriend is into illegal car racing and she loves it! HOT! Other than that the preview told me nothing.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Krista, I love that you have a TV Blog! I loved this episode, but I think 90210 is totally flawed too.

My thoughts: Adriana is awesome, she makes me happy. Navid's getting with her at the end, great.

Naomi is my other girl for sure. I thought it was super cheesy that she moved into a hotel, but then I LOVED seeing her diva it up as the Queen of that Beverly Hills W Hotel. I loved watching everyone bend over backwards for her. I thought they lost it when they had Liam the bartender stand her up and then be a student. Lame and typical.

Dixon's faces really make me wonder if he likes Silver at all. Same with Ethan and Annie, I think you are so right, he does clearly hate her. I don't know if I like Silver at all either, but I love the actress. She is totally beautiful and I have a hunch she could have played any part on that show. I don't hate Silver yet, but I see the potential. I too loved her interactions with Naomi.

Did you notice that this was the 1st episode with virtually no presence of the parents (save for Harry introducing bartender Liam to Naomi's math class).

I am not an Annie fan (is anyone?) but I thought they were doing something cool when she stole Rhonda's story. The editing made me think she was going to go crazy and steal Rhonda's whole damn life and I would have been down to watch that. I thought it was so boring that Ethan just saw her and freaked out on her. You're right about Ethan at the dance with Rhonda, but I don't know if I would buy him allowing himself to be with her yet, so on one hand I'm glad he didn't go for it, but on the other hand, duh Ethan, do you not see what's going on?

The last thing I'll say, I SCREAMED when the preview came on, March 29 is the next new episode? Are they kidding me? What am I going to do with my damn life till then?