Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Heroes is back! I think it is for real back and better this time! Really!

Ok, admit it, that was good. I mean I know Heroes hasn't lived up to its Season 1 potential in a long time, but this episode was pretty damn awesome. It was stressful and and pretty sad too, but they are finally giving us what should have been the next logical step for this show after everyone discovered their 'abilities'--Heroes working together! I honestly do not understand why this idea took a season and a half to get to, but I'm glad they finally made it. I mean to me, If I were running a show with a chemistry laden cast and a powerful mythology, I probably wouldn't say, "Hey, why don't we spread these people out into like a million disparate stories, and only have them meet for say, five minutes at a time, or maybe talk on the phone." I would say "Let's bring these motherfu%*ers together and get some awesome hero sh#@ happening!!" (And yes, I would bleep myself like that, because I would be at work.) So finally Tim Kring and the rest of his ilk have come around to my (correct) way of thinking. (Do we have Bryan Fuller to thank for this? I knew there was a reason why I didn't even try to watch Pushing Daisies, besides of course the fact that it was clearly going to get cancelled and I just couldn't deal with falling in love with another doomed show...) The titular heroes are working together towards one end that actually makes sense. They don't want to be jailed in an internment camp by crazy Nathan and his evil political allies.

Urgh, Nathan. What a complete bastard. I guess it makes sense that the endlessly screwed up and corrupt Petrelli parents could only produce one truly nice child. Even if he is a little bratty sometimes. (Peter, you know I love you!)

The scenes between Peter and Nathan were so weird. Like I love how Peter never considered what his evil brother was talking about until having those conversations with his co-worker and Mohinder, and then he was like "Oh, I guess this dude has gone evil...I am going to go and yell at him about it!" How about some subterfuge there, Peter?! Like maybe don't just out and out tell Nathan that you will fight him with every last breath in your body?! Maybe say, "Yeah, I'm totally cool with this", and then work to undermine him in some way?" But we needed Peter on that plane, so I guess he had to be too honest for his own good, as usual.

HRG! HRG! Why are you working with Nathan?! I just don't think "To protect you, Claire" is going to cut it this time. No one thinks it is cool to put people in concentration camps just so your daughter can have a normal life and go to Smith. Take her and run, or fight, or whatever, just don't help Nathan!

Angela Petrelli. Man her loyalties have switched up more times than I can count. And no, it is not okay to send your child to be experimented on by the military, even if it means you can get out it.

Mohinder, you dumbass. As soon as you said you were cool with people with abilities being round up and jailed, I knew you were about to get caught. You totally deserved it, ass.

Oh, the magical African guy is back. And he is even more magical, because he's actually dead! He's making Parkman a prophet. Couldn't have happened to a more boring guy.

I do have to admit though, good portion of time in this episode was spent with Matt Parkman and Daphne, and I still didn't hate it. That's a good sign right there. Though it was so ridiculous that Parkman drew he and Claire getting caught, and yet these drawings did nothing to help them whatsoever. "Is that us?" Yup idiot, it's you getting hit in the neck with a tranq dart, maybe you should duck!

Ando looked hot on that motorcycle! I love how he was so pissed at Hiro wanting to live through him and his abilities, but when he ran off in a huff he did it on the motorcycle that Hiro bought him to crimefight with. Like "I'm pissed, but not pissed enough to NOT accept this motorcycle as a gift."

Also, as soon as Hiro said the password was the name of someone very important to him, I knew that it was "Ando". Those two are so cute, even when Hiro is acting like a 10 year old. (Which is all the time. Oh Hiro. When will you become badass?)

I am pretty excited to see how Ando's super charging power will end up helping our heroes.

So next week we get a fiery plane crash, and then the banding together that we have all been waiting for! I love Peter and Claire together, and hopefully she can pull it together after finding out that both of her fathers have betrayed her. Poor Claire. The teen years really have been rough on her.

90210 should be up by tomorrow night!



3 comments:

Krista said...

P.S. Sylar is still superhot.

Anonymous said...

i totally missed heroes! i can't believe i forgot! good thing i have you to keep me up to date on all the awesome happenings.

p.s. this is jenn

Anonymous said...

Good post, the only things I feel compelled to add:
-the Hiro and Ando thing is still a little too f@#$ing cutesy to me--grow up you infantile idiot Hiro--I am sorry, he really gets on my nerves now.
-Nathan has become such a total and complete bastard that I am even finding him less physically hot.
-Mohinder totally deserved to brought on to that plane, and after his whole it is right to round people up and send the to jails attitude, I hope he went out of the whole in the plane!
-Parkman and Daphne are cute, and Parkman really does not bother me anymore.
-and finally, there is hope for Heroes actually being good again!

PS: RIP Pushing Daisies!