Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why is Chuck not a real person and my boyfriend? Chuck Vs. The Best Friend

Okay, if you weren't grinning like a loon during Jeffster's cover of "Africa" at the end, then, you my friend, have no soul. It was pretty much the cutest thing ever, and Lester was looking almost (almost!) attractive rocking out like that! Ellie and Awesome were adorable, and Chuck told Sarah that she did have someone who cares about her in her life, and it was awesome! Considering I am still in the hating-all-people-in-love and stupid-sappy-love-stories mode, it was pretty amazing that I only felt happiness while watching that scene. That's because it was a really good scene of a really good episode!





So what made it so good, you may ask? Well there are a few things actually!







Anna! Yay Anna! I had kind of forgotten that Morgan and Anna had broken up, and I am almost positive that during the Valentine's Day episode Morgan said something about how great it is that he and Chuck have hot girlfriends on V-day. But anyway, she wasn't cheating on him, she totally loves him and Sarah gave her some really good friend advice at the party, all while trying to manage her own spy agenda and Chuck's "make Anna get back with Morgan agenda." I bet we will be seeing more of Anna now that she and Morgan are back together.



Morgan realizing that he is a screw-up and Chuck always has to save him. I thought it was a really cute twist in the plot that Morgan wasn't really mad at Chuck for "betraying" him, he was mad at himself for getting into the situation in the first place. It was actually kind of a mature reaction to things, and I really liked it.



Chuck! I know that no men like Chuck actually exist on Earth, but damn he is cutest guy ever! His speech to Sarah about what Morgan means to him was so sweet, but not in an over the top way, so you really felt it and felt like if a guy like Chuck could be real, he would say those things about his best friend. Also that moment at the end with Sarah was really sweet and genuine, while still underscoring all of the problems there would be if Chuck and Sarah ever tried to be anything more than a cover.



Ellie and Awesome! I like it when we get to see them more, and I loved Awesome letting Jeffster have their moment. I really want to see more about Chuck's promise to Ellie about getting their dad to the wedding to walk her down the aisle. I know the only guy to do it is Chuck, but I would love to see him use the CIA's resources to track down that deadbeat dad of theirs!



The Buy More stuff was actually entertaining! Yay Jeffster!



And of course, the moment when Casey and Sarah thought Chuck had sacrificed himself to save Morgan. The look on both of their faces betrayed how much they really care for the guy. Yvonne Strahovski was amazing in that moment, just shock and pain, no CIA hardening there at all. I think she is one of the best actresses on TV right now, and really underrated.



The Triad plot didn't really grab me (Anna's boyf was cute though!), and the fight between the female leader and Sarah was just so predictable ("Shame to mess up a face like that." Yay hot lesbian girlfight!) and went on way too long for my tastes. Other than that, this was one of my favorite episodes this season. It really hit all the right character notes was totally entertaining and funny. I'll never hear Toto the same way again.










Next week: Um, I watched this pretty late last night and I am completely blanking on the preview. Was there a preview?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart Chuck--both the character and the show!