Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Feeling Sylar's Pain. Heroes.

Now normally when watching television shows, I do not root for the serial killing characters to have more victims. Even if said character is totally charismatic and likeable, not to mention sexy, I still would like him or her to refrain from murder. Oftentimes I am disappointed, which comes when watching shows containing hot serial killers and rooting for them in a weird way. While watching Heroes on Monday, everything was different. All I wanted in each and every scene was for Sylar to saw that damn kid's head open and be done with it! He wanted to do it too, for most of that stupid car ride, I could tell. I could really really sympathize with him during this episode. That kid was an annoying little sociopath, and not in a hot or funny way like Sylar. I was so excited when Sylar ran off and left him for the Feds! Alas, their road trip of annoyingness will continue, because Sylar went back for him. I'd like to think that it is because Luke has vital info about where Sylar is headed, not because he has developed some sort of feeling for him and has decided not kill him horrifically. That would be disappointing.

You know what also must be disappointing? To be the ONLY person with 'abilities' that has been captured so far. Poor Tracy is stuck shackled to a chair, being tortured by her dicky ex-boyfriend while completely screwing up her only chance at freedom by freezing some poor 'analyst'. Tracy's power is actually pretty cool, and seems to be useful in a battle scenario, unlike say, breathing underwater or super-charging other people's powers, so it is kind of baffling that Nathan's goons got her and kept her. She has also been portrayed as pretty smart, and I would really like to see escape for real, not just escape long enough to show her former friend that she is a cold blooded killer who must be tortured and locked up forever. That was a bad move on her part. Good move on the part of that creepy hunter guy.

Speaking of that creepy hunter guy, I think he is about eleventy billion times smarter than Nathan, and clearly has no weird "moral code" to worry about. Sooo, Nathan is pretty much screwed then. I love how we are supposed to see that Nathan is still sort of a nice guy because he is slightly vexed by the death of that analyst guy and creepy hunter man is not. This is what's making him likeable these days? "Well, he is trying to put his own kind in a concentration camp/Gitmo type situation, but he still feels kind of bad when his plans lead to the death of innocent people. Not bad enough to reconsider or anything, just bad enough to yell about it for a minute." Urgh I really hated Nathan in this episode, and I thought the lady from One Tree Hill/The Cutting Edge might at least be an interesting thorn in his side, but instead she was won over to the side of torture and suspending the rights of American citizens pretty easily. I mean there are people who are against torturing and or killing people even if they are murderers and/or terrorists or horrible people, just on principle, but not this lady. You freeze one person to death in front of her and she is ready to intern anyone who might be genetically similar to you. She seems cool, like someone who can really keep her head together in a crisis and still uphold ideals and stuff. Oh, no wait, she does not. At all. She sucks.

What in the hell are Hiro and Ando doing anyway? Saving some lady from marrying a jerk, bickering like an old married couple, buying plane tickets and using phones even though Hiro, at least, is on the run from the U.S. government? Why are they doing any of this? To teach Hiro some dumbass thing he has already learned, like 2 seasons ago? "I don't need powers to be a hero!", really? Great. I don't want Hiro to learn any more lessons. Just become badass Hiro from the future, fix this shit and be done with it. Ando can continue being hot.

Um, what else happened in this episode? Claire vs. HRG, time # 46,518,742. She doesn't need his protection, he's doing all of this for her own good, blah blah blah, we've heard all before. I will say this though, Jack Coleman really sold me in the scene where he was moving out, and the quick scenes of his fight with his wife. "Did you ever think that I don't have a choice?!" was so desperate and real that actually made me kind of intrigued by the character again which is good because...
Team Goofball finally teamed up and did something! They roofied HRG and are taking him back to their hotel room for some fun! Then, they are going to find out about Nathan's asinine plan and HRG's part in it. Will he be a hero or a villain? My bet is just a guy who does unconscionable things to protect his wig-wearing, super-healing daughter.

Ooh, unsubstantiated theory time...who is this REBEL who texts Claire and faxes(?) Hiro and Ando? My guess is that it is Micah, because since he can talk to machines he could easily get the info about Nathan's plan from a computer and then disseminate it to the people he needs to know about it. Also, with a code name like REBEL, it has got to be a little kid, because that is a dumb one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I must admit that I felt a little bad for my rant that HRG must die after this weeks episode. I did feel a little bad for him as his wife was kicking him out, as it did really seem like he was truly sad about it. I have hope again that maybe he has a secret plan that is more good than evil? Anyway, I also have to say that I too could not have wished any harder that Sylar just ripped that stupid microwave boy's skull open . He is annoying. But again, I guess we got to be reminded again that Sylar is not pure evil?