Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chuck! Before the next one airs! Good job me! (Do not even ask about Dollhouse. I'm like 3 episodes behind at this point.)

Click on those ads people! That would be awesome for me. Please? Also, if you're getting this update on your email, come to the actual blog to read it!



I want to live in a world where dudes like Captain Awesome and Chuck live. Do I need to move to Burbank California? Because I will do that, no problem.



So basically, Chuck's spy life and his personal life are so intertwined at this point that there really is no difference! Parties are actually missions, co-workers are actually friends. Poor Ellie feels betrayed by Awesome and by Chuck, even though they were both trying to do right by her. It was actually kind of a sad episode to me because of that. Awesome and Ellie always seem like such a solid couple, and you know it kills Chuck that his secret spy life is coming between them. AND Awesome almost discovers the General talking to Chuck through his TV (Wha?! Can the government talk to me through my TV?) TWICE. She is not being that careful if she was almost discovered twice!



Things I loved:



Awesome. I loved his reaction to all the dorky dudes throwing a bachelor party, I loved his reaction to the first strippers, and I loved that he had no interest in Alex (more on her later) when she was trying to seduce him/steal his keycard.



Chuck. Obviously. Trying to so hard to keep Sarah with him, and to keep Awesome and Ellie out of the crazy world he's living in! Also, he was pretty hilarious stoned. As what that other dude. (That was Yinsen from Iron Man right? I just saw him on an old episode of Lost the other day too. He is your go-to actor if your looking for a "smart Arab guy" type apparently. )



Sarah. Way to thwart the rules and save the day! As many of you might know, I hate rules, so I am always all for thwarting them in the interest of love, or fun, or finding long lost dads.



Casey! It made me so happy to see Casey stand up to Alex and tell her she was wrong! He called Sarah the best partner he's ever had! So great.



Things I was a little more eh...about include:



Jeff and Lester are so gross sometimes. This was one of those times.


No Emmet! I need all the Buster Bluth I can get, thank you very much.



The 49B. I mean I kind of like the concept, but I just didn't like the execution of the actual person. I've never seen Battlestar Galactica, so I am not attached to Tricia Helfer in any way. I've seen her on Burn Notice as well, and as far as I can tell, she plays the same character: bitch with absolutely no layers whatsoever. Ready to do what it takes no matter what the cost. I just pretty much wanted her off my screen, which is how Chuck felt too I guess!




I was on board with the ending because even though we got ANOTHER one of those "interrupted right before a kiss" moments with Sarah and Chuck, I am really looking forward to next week's episode. The promo spoiled the guest stars (Chevy Chase, a world class asshole, so I'm told.) and Scott Bakula! Who will be Chuck's dad? Here's a clue, "his only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time..." YES! I can't even wait.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Do comments work?

Anonymous said...

I thought this was a really good episode of Chuck, and liked the forward momentum that the plot took in this one. As much as I don't want Awesome and Ellie to get involved in the spy stuff, part of me does, as it is getting so hard to keep believing that they have no clue, and really just think that Chuck just works for the nerd herd and that Sarah is just a yogurt girl....anyway, I liked this episode a lot. Thought it was great that the General listend to reason and heart, and that Casey displayed his heart and loyalty to Sarah!

Anonymous said...

looks like the comments are working again!