Friday, April 17, 2009

I WAS RIGHT!!!! Chuck


You guys! I was right! Chuck's Dad is Orion! They threw me off by having him fake his death, but I was right!! I can't believe I just found this out last night! Stupid preemption!!!

So I watched kind of a Chuck Movie last night, since I saw Chuck Vs. the Dream Job and Chuck Vs. The First Kill right in a row, and there was lots of action to be had! There was also lots of awesome to be had, including:

Chuck gets his dream job! Even though it wasn't real, it was great to see Chuck realize that he can go somewhere with his life. And it made him want to get that Intersect out even more!

Sarah in glasses. So cute.

Scott Bakula as Chuck's Dad/Orion! I thought he did a great job seeming crazy, likable , genius and tough. The years have been kind Roark!

Chevy Chase playing a world class asshole. Sounds about right to me!

Captain Awesome. Can he please be real? And call me?

I don't want to be this kind of person, but I thought Chuck looked pretty hot all suited up wielding his tranq guns. Also I liked it when he was yelling. So I am that person then.

I loved seeing Chuck use all the skills and information he has gotten from the CIA/NSA for his own ends.

I kind of liked Jill's return/redemption. It was so sad to see them playing engaged with her family!

"I didn't realize the Morgan was so lethal!"

Chuck's awesome arm-up no cheating move on Casey.

This exchange between Casey and Sarah "Miss me?" "Yeah, immensely." Because she meant it!!

I really liked Chuck vs. The First Kill and I LOVED Chuck Vs. the Dream Job. Dream Job touched on a lot of themes that have been running through the entire show, such as Chuck not believing in himself/selling his life short, Chuck not seeing his job with the CIA as something worthy or worthwhile, Chuck's real life and his spy life bleeding together in ways that he can't control, and Chuck's fear that his spy life will eventually obliterate his old life, which the situation with his Dad really brings home. The First Kill was really all about trust and betrayal, from Morgan betraying Big Mike (and getting betrayed by Emmet! Sneaky bastard!) to Sarah refusing to betray Chuck's trust. At the end, I think I captured the essence when I wrote in my notes, Chuck and Sarah on the run = AWESOME.

Next week:
Chuck and Sarah on the run! Chuck and Sarah making out! Casey saying "I would never betray my team!" I think, and you can quote me on this, I think, that this is going to be AWESOME.

No comments: