Thursday, April 2, 2009

Um, holy crap, that was insane. 90210

Ok, there was actually a lot of awesome going on in this episode, but let's just start with the obvious and most crazy. Sure, throughout the episode I knew that Silver's film was going to be awful, embarrassing and potentially dangerous to her relationship with Dixon, but I did not see the aftermath coming AT ALL. Now that I think about it, she was unusually manic whenever she was talking about her stupid movie, (props for the Lord Byron/Dylan McKay reference!) and I wasn't even too surprised at her burning the movie in Dixon's grill there (though how she had time to get that stuff and build a fire in the backyard I'll never know), but the whole breaking into Matthew's apartment and blaming him for everything totally crazily threw me for a loop! (How does she know where he lives? He is experiencing every teacher's worst nightmare!) Jessica Lowndes really brought it in that scene actually. I mean she probably weighs about 89 pounds, but he was scared of her and I totally understood why! Chick is nuts. Out of her mind even.

So that storyline pretty much rocked, and I actually made a noise of surprise when I realized she had filmed them having sex! I figured it would just be run of the mill sappy and stupid and all about her love for Dixon and he would be embarrassed and annoyed. So well done 90210! That was Emily Valentine style awesome.

Speaking of the old 90210, we finally have a candidate that is slightly more worthy of being the Dylan on the show. Though I can't see him ever becoming best friends with Dixon, Liam is a hottie, dangerous and super smart! I wrote myself a couple of notes about this storyline, and they are as follows "Naomi is so turned on by the fact that Liam sucks at math." (This was when he first walked into class pretending not to know Geometry) and "Liam does not find it hot that Naomi can't do math." So, I like that math was really worked into their storyline. Also, I like that he smashed that guy's car just because he hit on Naomi. Hot. She made a lot of weird faces in just about every scene, but since she is on the same show as Annie, you hardly even notice.

Urgh, and speaking of Ethan and Annie, the only storyline I care less about is the one where the Mom feels like she's given up her photography or some crap (We have seen her working on at least one episode, so she should just shut up. The dad is the principal of the school all the main characters go to and we haven't seen him working in forever.). Anyway, they're breaking up, they are both complete douches, and the only note I made about this storyline was "Apparently Adrianna and Annie like each other now. But I still don't like Annie." She made about a million faces, yelled at Rhonda (Why is she named that?) like a psycho (and then was AWESOMELY smacked down by her) and slutted it up with some dude. Also, Annie actually said "I need to focus on my relationship" in a serious way. Some of things she did are things I can imagine Brenda doing, but she would have done them in a cool way and not made INSANE faces the entire time.

Rumor has that Dustin Milligan (Ethan) is on his way out, and that the dude who plays Liam is going to get a regular role. I gotta say I agree with both of those moves, as Ethan seems intellectually disabled and Liam is hot. Maybe Ethan can take Annie with him wherever he goes...

Next week:
Silver is CRAZAYYY! For realz yo. This is turning all serious.

No comments: