Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quote of the night: "Oh that's Sylar." Heroes.


So let's get down to it! Time to talk about last night's Heroes episode, "Turn and Face the Strange". (Not a good episode title by the way.)

Okay, so I had a feeling that while watching this episode, I and everyone I was with was going to be constantly guessing that everyone was Sylar all the time. I was right. I was pretty excited to see a new power being used, but I can already tell this is going to be kind of annoying. I mean I appreciate the symbolism of the whole shapeshifter idea, especially for Danko (AKA Creepy Hunter Guy) and HRG (AKA Noah Bennett), but Sylar being able to be ANYONE he touches = a lot of audience misdirection. Hopefully they won't overuse it.

So this episode was an improvement on last week's to be sure (something actually happened!) but the fact that at least 50% of the characters act like complete morons most of the time is really starting to grate on me. I mean, in last night's episode alone we had:

Matt, deciding (and then being unable to) to shoot some poor lady to freak out Danko, instead of, I don't know, using his power to make Danko believe he shot her! He can put thoughts into peoples heads!! Why doesn't he do that then? Matt Parkman has got to be the most annoying character on the show at this point. And I think we all knew he'd be whining and moaning about Daphne throughout this episode, didn't we?

HRG, believing Danko when he tells him which soldier is Sylar, without any hesitation, right after hearing that Danko and Sylar are working together. Then, he proceeds to believe Danko's word that the soldier-dude is dead, and then just runs away! There must have something else he could have done with information that Danko and Sylar were working together. Maybe follow him and spot them working together? Report it to some higher up? Just KILL DANKO ALREADY? Ugh, his plan was the worst. (Also, before beating up someone you think is disguised as your wife, you should make SURE that it's not actually your wife.)

Danko is working with Sylar. Sylar is going to kill him when he's done with him. Bad plan.

Mohinder, Hiro and Ando are all government fugitives, happily calling each other on cell phones and chatting about the whereabouts of other government fugitives. Alright, sure.

At least Nathan is apparently chastened by the spectacular failure of his own terrible terrible plan and is finally going to reunite with his family to kick some ass. It's about time Petrelli family!! I am ready to see this happen. Heroes, DO NOT spend any more time in the next episode showing us people digging up skeletons! We get it, there are a lot of skeletons at Coyote Sands.


Next week:
Now, we get to see where the damn story begins! Let's hope the continuity fairy is around to make sure it all makes sens

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally thought Parkman was going to use his power to make Danko believe he shot her. I don't know why the F they didn't do it that way.

Tom said...

Okay, I take back ANY defending of Parkman that I have ever tried to do. This episode proved that he is such an idiot fool, and he has now become my least favorite character on the show. As much as I hate Danko, I now hate Matt even more.

I too hope they don't overuse the Sylar/shapeshifter thing--that was already gettign annoying to me.