Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heroes- Not Awesome.

Sigh. That is pretty much what I have to say about the Heroes season finale. I can barely muster up enough interest to even write about it! (By the way, if you are watching Heroes and not it's lead in Chuck, you are crazy. Chuck is about 10 times more awesome than Heroes could ever hope to be at this point. Watch it at NBC.com and read recaps and reviews at www.televisiononthebrain.blogspot.com Do it now!) Anyway, the Heroes finale happened, and it was pretty much not awesome.

Sylar. Gone? Nope. No way.

So what went on to end Season 3? Anything good at all? I suppose. Danko got arrested, jailed and then tranqed, and even though I really wanted Sylar to stab him in the neck, I'm pretty much happy with anything bad happening to that guy.

The way Peter morphed into the president to get Sylar was pretty great and even a tiny bit unexpected. A tiny bit.

Um, it looks like no one's getting fired/leaving the show, and since the cast is one of the only things this show has going for it, I am happy about that.

I think that's it.

Annoying things that went on last night:

Hiro and Ando, bickering about whose power to use, again. At least they got Danko in the end. So that was good.

Also, why does using his power make Hiro having a heart attack or something? And why did this never happen before? And will it happen again? So he is back to being completely useless I guess.

Nathan dying, Sylar becoming Nathan yet still being Sylar. I do not think there could have be a more unsatisfying conclusion to this arc. I mean Nathan is an idiot whose horrible horrible plan created most of the problems plaguing everyone on this show in the first place, but I really like Adrian Pasdar, (especially looking at him) so I would be sad if he were off the show forever. I also really like Zachary Quinto, BUT this is a lame way to get the shock of killing a character while still keeping the actor on the show. LAME. For real.

They formed another Company. Angela and HRG formed another Company without telling their respective children, Peter and Claire. So basically the set up for this season is exactly the same set up for seasons 1 & 2. Peter and Claire really need to stop trusting their parents.

It wasn't good. The characters did not grow, the plot did not move forward, and the set up for the next season is not intriguing. Needless to say, I CANNOT EVEN WAIT until September.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was such a dissapointing finale--I really would not care if they cancelled this show. Hopefully the good and hot actors would find work elsewhere, but it is so hard to care about this show anymore...